- Jackie Orsa
west hawaii neighborhood analysis: Kailua View & Kona Heights
NEIGHBORHOOD: KAILUA VIEW & KONA HEIGHTS LOCATION: NORTH KONA
DESCRIPTION: The two adjacent subdivisions Kailua View & Kona Heights are easily accessible off of Queen Ka'ahumanu Highway by turning up mauka onto Nani Kailua Drive. From Nani Kailua there are many small parallel streets that connect the two main streets on either end of Nani Kailua – Aloha Kona Drive and Hoene Street.
Before I jump into the real estate numbers, I'd like to break down a few other neighborhood basics:
- Both subdivisions are right in the center of Kailua-Kona, making it a convenient choice for people who choose to make this neighborhood their home. Whether you want to be close to work, services, businesses, or other activities in Kona chances are this neighborhood would be a centrally located choice to call home.
- Elevation ranges from about 300 - 700 ft with an annual rainfall of about 35 inches, and of course will be more or less depending on how high up the mountain your home is.
- The neighborhood is a mix of renters, homeowners, and a few hosted and short term vacation rentals.
- Kailua View Estates has CC&Rs and monthly association fees, while Kona Heights does not. Learn more about Kailua View's association here.
- Property lots are usually between 7,000 - 20,000 sq ft. Most of the properties here are single family residential.
REAL ESTATE FIGURES:
14: the number of homes that sold in Kailua View & Kona Heights in the last 6 months of 2019. This can be compared to the 11 home sales in the first half of 2019.
$320,000 - $720,000: The price range for the home sales in the second half of 2019, with a median sale price of $577,450. The price range for the home sales in the first half of 2019 was between $227,500 and $825,000 with a median slightly higher at $595,000.
43. the median days on market for home sales for the last 6 months of 2019. This can be compared to 53 for the first 6 months of 2019.
3: properties in escrow.
5: listings currently on the market ranging from $551,200 - $688,000 (things happen quick in this neighborhood, and while I'll update this as frequent as I can, it is possible these listings may not still be active). MLS: 634329 MLS: 633913 MLS: 633415 MLS: 634181 MLS: 628320
Want to take a look at my detailed neighborhood analysis of this neighborhood or any other neighborhood on Big Island? I'm here to help, email me today!